Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"New Mom Friends..."

I pretty much hang out with the same small circle of friends.  But once in awhile I love to reach out to new possible friends.  Why not, right?

Last week I sent out this email to four girls I'd like to get to know better:

"My kids and I are going to the American Family Pet Expo after school next Friday.   Would any of you like to join us?  We went last year and it was sooooo much fun.  They don't sell the animals there, it's just a giant expo that lets you watch (last year there was a dog on a skateboard!), see, touch or even hold some of their animals.  Then after we can go out for Mexican food?  Let me know?"

A whole week has gone by and not a single person has responded till today.  This was the sole email I received in response to my above invitation:
 
" Sounds terrible..... I hate pets!!!!!!!!! No thanks "

Hmmm....what do you think I did?  Did I:

1) Laugh?
2) Wonder what drugs she's taking?
3) Promise to never invite anyone to anything ever, ever again?

The answer tomorrow....

No comments: