Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Kid Leftovers"

I was standing at the table putting uneaten food from my kids three plates into to-go boxes when I heard my husband comment to our couple friends who were all staring at me, "She lives life like we make 10K a year...."

I smiled.  Make fun of me all you want.  I love leftovers.  Not for me, but for the kids and my husband.  It kills me that my kids order a whole meal and then only eat two bites.  But, if you pack it up and take it home, the next day or two, snack, lunch or dinner is only a microwave button away.

My friend commented, "No one eats leftovers at my house..."

I said, "Oh, that's too bad.  Can we take home yours then????"

Don't be shy or embarrassed.  That's food you paid for.  If no one eats it (mostly cause kids are too distracted or excited to eat) take it home.  If they didn't like it, tell someone.  Chances are, they'll get your kid something new.

My family loves leftovers so much, if a dinner I cooked didn't go over so well, I can put it in a To-Go box and the next day, it's gone.  Doesn't say much for my cooking but as long as you know tricks on how to feed your family, hey.... whatever works!

No comments: