Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Candy in the House..."

If it's in the house, they will find it.  Today, at 8:13am, my three year old walked into my bedroom, lips blue, carrying a candy inside a wrapper in the way you would a banana.

"What is that?"  I asked.

"Candy.." He replied as he continued to tell me about his day yesterday.

"We don't eat candy before breakfast!" I took the candy from him in a gentle way.

"Yes," he nodded, "After breakfast, then you will give it to me, yes?"

The candy was hard and as I flipped it over, I was horrified to read the label that said, "David's 5th birthday 2008."

Children can sniff-out candy components inside plastic or steel from fifty feet away.  There's no use in hiding it (cause you'll forget it there till it's too late), it must be thrown away.

After breakfast Roc asked for his candy back and I looked at the cat who's arm I had tucked the candy wrapper under, "Oh no, I think the cat ate it."

Roc was really mad, but now is sitting next to the cat trying to negotiate her to give it back to him out of her tummy.

No comments: