Thursday, March 11, 2010

"My Beloved Prius"

Okay.  I get it.  For the first time since we bought our Toyota Prius (only to get the solo-driver car-pool-pass before they ran out) in 2006, I was nervous.  I had climbed behind the wheel with my kids in the back and hesitated before I pushed that cool button to start the hybrid car.

What if it suddenly excelled forward?  What if my car sped out of control?  What if I made a mistake, got into an accident and claim "The car did it!"?  My   Scary.  Very Scary.  Hmmm...

I'm not saying these drivers are all lying, but these car makers don't keep reinventing the wheel with car their technology.  They are all cars....they share their stuff...or it gets stolen from other car makers sooner or later.  Which leads me to believe that Toyota can't be the only one with these problems.  Which makes me think since we are trying to promote to "buy American."  Why not accentuate the company that is not?

(I'm still not letting my kids drive in that Prius anymore.)

No comments: