Sunday, March 07, 2010

"The Couch Days"

Don't ever ask me what I'm doing on these two days:
 
Academy Award Day:
Dressed in sweats and fuzzy socks I plop on my couch about 5pm with a bowl of popcorn and a coke filled to the top with ice and watch the events preceding and after.  Why don't I get dressed up and go to the events to watch with others?  Cause it's always way too loud...there's too much talking...(me).   It's just best to watch it at home.  So if I ever invite you over to watch it here with me....shhh.

9/11:
I spend the day remembering how lucky I am to have three kids (as crazy as they drive me) and a husband that's pretty amazing.  We play games, we watch movies, we just 'be' together.  Then at some point I tell my kids about the infamous day I still can't believe happened in our country to our people, and then at a different point I always cry, to which my oldest will run get a tissue and then roll his eyes while he giggles.  They are too young to understand, but with any luck and a good memory, as they grow older, they will learn to appreciate how fortunate they are to be American.
Not sure why 9/11 is not a national holiday yet.  Seems like it should be...but maybe no one wants to give more satisfaction to the people that did it.  Anyone know?

No comments: