Sunday, January 03, 2010

Just Sunday...

If you have a 4th grader and you live in CA, you know about the Mission project...making a model and writing a detailed sheet are 2 requirements from your 10 year old.  Or 2 requirements from YOU.  They can't do it w/o mom or dad's help....hence the reason I say, "ugh..."  Another reason to argue and denouce 100 times, 'this is your project, I'm not the one in 4th grade."  But it won't matter, it will be me who hand holds him through the whole thing while I sit and wonder, "What did he really learn from this project, but the fact that....his Mom loves him and is always here to help..."
Nice.

The best part of the night was my Meatballs.  YUM.  They aren't really MY meatballs...they come from this lady, "the pioneer woman" and her amazingly delicious web site.  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/03/bbq-meatballs-comfort-food-to-the-max/

My sister stood in line for 2 hours to see this "pioneer woman" and when she told me this I immediately assumed she meant "Sarah Palin!"  We spoke about this 'pioneer woman' with me getting a giggle as I couldn't believe my sister, a democrat liked Sarah Palin and would stand in line to buy her book and meet her!!   We texted for an hour.  Then she sends me the photo of her and this "pioneer woman."

What? 

Who is this woman?  Where is Sarah Palin? 

I soon learned all about this Pioneer woman, her web site and her amazing family and food.  Ha!  Not sure if I'd stand in line for 2 hours to see her though...

No comments: