Monday, June 06, 2011

The Wrong Words....

I often get in trouble to saying or assuming the wrong thing or words.  Not like the politicians lately....but I've been known to confuse what my kids have said to me, forgetting they are children and their "S word" is actually "Stupid."  I've put my foot into my mouth and have even upset some parents.  It's all good, but I couldn't help buckle over in laughter when I read the following story thankful I"m not the only one...

Tony was about 9 years old and staying with his grandmother for a few days. He'd been playing outside with the other kids, when he came into the house and asked, 'Grandma, what's that called when two people sleep in the same bedroom and one is on top of the other?'

Grandma was a little taken aback, but she decided to tell him the truth as she always did, 'Well, dear, it's called sexual intercourse.’

‘Oh,’ Tony said and he went back outside to play with the other kids. A few minutes later he came back in and said angrily, 'Grandma, it's NOT called sexual intercourse. It's called Bunk Beds. And Jimmy's Mom wants to talk to you.'

No comments: